The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After installing the most recent Flash update, I am getting “Blocked Plug-in” for all flash content, and the bundle doesn’t seem to have loaded (not in my Plug-ins list). Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayon View Post
I can confirm the following fix:

URL with query but no path — Fixed a bug where URLs with a query but no path (e.g. “magnet:?xt=") would get parsed into a URL with an empty path (e.g. “magnet:/?xt=")

Fantastic, thanks.
Hi there,

Since the magnet link has been fixed, I thought I asked about another torrent related issues.

Searching in thepiratebay seems broken.

If I search for a single word like "colbert" in the search field it works correctly and I get this in the address bar:
http://example.com/search/colbert/0/99/0

But if I search for multiple words like "colbert report" it doesn’t anymore and I get this with a no resource available response:

http://example.com/s/?q=colbert+repo...e=0&orderby=99

In order to work properly I need to type manually the correct URL in the address bar:

http://example.com/search/colbert%20report/0/99/0

It used to work but sometime in the beta builds it stopped, but I don’t have the issue with Safari. I don’t know if it is just related to this one site.

Thanks!

Last edited by derekr; 2014-03-10 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: removing links to pirate bay

In the last few builds, Crash Catcher hasn't been able to catch any crashes (quits after posting a simple dialog box).

First of all thank you for the effort, Ken.

Since Monday I’m running 10.9.2 on my iMac, upgraded from 10.6.8. Having OmniWeb after the update was what tipped the scale to upgrade.

So far I’m missing some of the features that make OmniWeb my first choice in browsers since my switch to Mac OS X with the public Beta.
- URL filtering does no seem to work properly
- stopping animations does not work for me at all
- I’m really missing the web inspector (I do websites)
- when I click on a link to open it in another window or tab sometimes the context menu shows ‘Copy’ and ‘Start Speaking’ as the first two entries and that is annoying

Hans

I still can't get on proxies using the current beta OmniWeb. That last version that worked for me was r199736.

Just noting for the record that I haven’t had any crashes at all for several weeks. I don’t know what the updates during that period have been correcting but everything seems fine except for the plugins, the
override page styes function and the missing favicons. I’m sure there are all kinds of problems still needing a fix but OW is still working for me.

I can't confirm this. Still experiencing crashes of varying frequency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbert View Post
I can't confirm this. Still experiencing crashes of varying frequency.
The same crash in Apple's frameworks which I was trying to track down in December is still there, unless they've fixed it in the OS. Which I don't think they have, since I just got another one this morning. :) But its frequency can be quite variable: sometimes I'll go for weeks without crashing, but other times I'll crash three times in an hour.

I think the only way for me to work around that crash is to write a replacement for that whole module of Apple's code, but I'm not going to have time to do that until my next vacation.

Filling usernames and passwords from the keychain seems to have broken sometime in the last few builds.

Most of the recent builds in the last couple of weeks seems to have de-volved for me. Rendering certain sites are just a mess. Examples for me include:

http://www.accuweather.com/

as well as many pages in amazon.com, like this one:

Sandisk Flashdrive

These all look fine in v5.11.