The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry projects to Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Either I'm missing something, or creating a project in the Quick Entry panel doesn't produce a reliable outcome.

Right now, creating a project using QE results in the new project appearing *somewhere* in my project folder hierarchy (according to the alphabetic order of the project's first letter). Sometimes I forget the project, because it's buried away in the hierarchy and I forget to look for it.

Why not have QE-created projects appear reliably in one place--the place designed to capture external inputs--the Inbox?

Update: I see that I can prefix the project name with a folder name to have it appear in the folder.

I still feel that non-prefixed projects should go to one collection box.

On my version of OF they always appear at the bottom of the project list (unless inside of a folder) irrespective of the alphabet.