The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mind Mapping in OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash go View Post
Tim Springer published a recent article on "How I use OmniFocus" where he lays out his OmniFocus projects and contexts as mind maps. It strikes me that it would be incredibly powerful for OmniFocus to offer a mind map view. And it would be all the more powerful if the mind map view offered editing. Right now, I'm laying everything out in MindNode Pro and then manually synchronizing with OmniFocus.
To save you looking, here's the link to "How I use Omnifocus". It's "Stringer", not "Springer".

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash go View Post
... a recent article on "How I use OmniFocus" ... lays out ... OmniFocus projects and contexts as mind maps. It strikes me that it would be incredibly powerful for OmniFocus to offer a mind map view. ...
Rather than adding mind-mapping or equivalent tools to Omnifocus, my vote is to improve interactions with apps that already do a wonderful job at these jobs.

In this regard, my overview has greatly improved with the combination Curio + Omnifocus as well as a recent Goalscape + Omnifocus. Curio has mind mapping and project/task management-centric tools. Goalscape offers a way to build a view of your life's goals that IMO beats mind-mapping for this specific application.

The joy here is that both Curio and Goalscape can accept "Copy as Link" contents as ways to jump directly to an Omnifocus project or task. Also, AFAIK, Curio is working on improving its interactivity with Omnifocus (and Things and ...) for its next release. Goalscape developers bulked at my request for improving interaction with Omnifocus (have Goalscape take %completion status directly from Omnifocus projects), with claims that information was exchanged via a compressed XML format that they would be hard-pressed to support. I've since started my own crude development via Applescript to pull some measure of project completion from Omnifocus to map in to Goalscape (see this thread ... http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=24278)

--
JJW

Last edited by DrJJWMac; 2012-05-31 at 04:34 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
Rather than adding mind-mapping or equivalent tools to Omnifocus, my vote is to improve interactions with apps that already do a wonderful job at these jobs.
+1 from me, Doc. I'm still hoping for import/export of OPML in all versions plus Document Interchange on iDevices.

Sorry for offTopic: @flash go: have you an url of the article from TS ? I googled but found nothing, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpau17 View Post
Sorry for offTopic: @flash go: have you an url of the article from TS ? I googled but found nothing, thanks!
See post 11 earlier in this thread!