The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Gcal Integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Omni wizards,

I'm hoping that I might be able to request a feature for OmniFocus.

While KinklessGTD integrates with iCal, I'm not always on my Mac (for instance when I'm at work I'm stuck on a PC). Because of that I've opted to use an online calendar like Google Cal which I can then access regardless of what computer I am working on.

Would it be possible for OmniFocus to have the option of integrating with Google Calendar?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker
Would it be possible for OmniFocus to have the option of integrating with Google Calendar?
Have you considered using something like Spanning Sync? That way you don't have to wait for OmniGroup to develop this feature.

I actually looked into spanning sync a little while ago but am hesitant to use it because it passes all of your calendar data through their own servers as opposed to just syncing the two calendars directly.

There are privacy concerns here for me.

Why do you trust Google but not Spanning Sync?

I tried spanning sync but had problems with it (like it hanging because it was trying to copy recurring events out into the future). ultimately chaining the syncing from omnifocus to iCal to gCal just introduces more points of failure. I'd love to see omnifocus sync directly to google calendar.

Seconding this request. This would be a big help for me, and others I'm sure. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Hello Omni wizards,

I'm hoping that I might be able to request a feature for OmniFocus.

While KinklessGTD integrates with iCal, I'm not always on my Mac (for instance when I'm at work I'm stuck on a PC). Because of that I've opted to use an online calendar like Google Cal which I can then access regardless of what computer I am working on.

Thanks!

I could definitely use the google sync as well because then I might be able to find a way to make it sync to my BlackBerry which is what I carry with me. I can't carry my Mac with me everywhere.

It would be interestesting if OmniFocus could sync with Remember the Milk. That would allow OF users access from the web, and intigration with Gcal, as well as Gmail with the right firefox addons.

Zimbra rules. Once iPhone gets ActiveSync, we'll be able to sync it all to Zimbra. It already supports CalDAV, so now you no longer even need the Zimbra iSync connector -- it just propagates changes at once. I host with 01.com for a year and boy I'm happy. The Zimbra desktop is now available for offline with calendar also.

I recently started syncing gcal with ical using the free webdav.

I heard about omnifocus, was excited about syncing with ical, and by extension, gcal. So I bought it.

Alas, webdav calendars from ical don't show up as syncing options in OmniFocus!

Very sad.... I don't know what I'm going to do. I thought OmniFocus was going to be my GTD panacea, but looks like i might need to spend countless more hours searching for another patch.