The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't duplicate a task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I right click on a task in OF and chose Duplicate, I get a dialog box with only the text "Alert", an icon, and an OK button. It doesn't duplicate the task if I click OK. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by kastorff; 2007-12-03 at 03:17 PM..

Right-click/duplicate works as expected in Planning mode (release 95506), but in Context mode an error occurs - "The operation could not be completed....".

The keyboard shortcut Command-D in both Planning mode and Context mode does not duplicate and instead performs a Command-V action (Paste).

The menu choice "Duplicate" in Planning mode instead performs a Paste. And the menu choice "Duplicate" in Context mode results in the error "The operation could not be completed..."

Paul

Is a blank error dialog box when attempting to duplicate a task in Context mode the desired program behavior? I sometimes have similar tasks, and I'd like to duplicate one and edit, as opposed to creating from scratch. It makes no sense to have a Duplicate command that doesn't allow you to duplicate the selected task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastorff View Post
Is a blank error dialog box when attempting to duplicate a task in Context mode the desired program behavior?
Of course not. Did someone suggest that it was?

Be sure to report bugs using Help --> Send Feedback from within OF.

Curt