The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.6 v. 90172 - eBay option lists Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the last couple of SP's I'm having a problem changing 'select list' drop-down selectors in eBay.

The specific problem concerns an options list for changing the sort order of listings. It appears to be a standard form item with a javascript modifier (onchange="doFindSortChange(this)"). It works fine in other browsers and USED to work in OW 5.6 SPs, I'm pretty sure.

Try the 'Sort by:' option list here, for example: http://search-desc.ebay.com.au/dining

Select a different sort option.... I get no change in the selection list.

Actually, this is being blocked by Omniweb's AdBlocker. Uncheck "Matching known ad sizes" and it'll work again. It appears the AdBlock really enjoys blocking Javascript right now.

Thanks Vician. Didn't know that...

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vician
Actually, this is being blocked by Omniweb's AdBlocker. Uncheck "Matching known ad sizes" and it'll work again. It appears the AdBlock really enjoys blocking Javascript right now.
I'll add my belated thanks for now being able to save my eBay searches without a tedious trip to Firefox.

When all other bugs are fixed, it would be nice to block eBay ads and have the overlay mini-windows.

[submitted as formal feedback]

I spoke too soon. Tonight I had to switch to Firefox in order to add a new search to My Favorite Searches:
  1. Click the "Advanced Search" link in the yellow bar at the top of most pages.
  2. Fill in the search form (normal page), with "Save this search" pre-selected.
  3. Click the Search button at the top or bottom of the page.
  4. Fill in the "Save as Favorite Search" overlay window & click Save to save the search.
OmniWeb 5.6 SP5 does not display the overlay window (step 4).

[submitted as formal feedback]