The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective that shows only Repeating Actions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like the perspective to be based on the actual data of whether the action is repeating, rather than giving the actions a context of repeating or putting them under a project or action list titled repeating. But I don't see any way to do it, is it possible?

Thanks

I prefix all my repeating tasks with a $ sign, followed by a letter to remind me if its daily, weekly, monthly etc. $2w would be a two weekly task. I do this because its hard to quickly see if a tasks is a repeating one when using the iPhone forecast mode.

I sometimes mark a repeating task completed, even though I know it isn't and won't be before its next due. I know that it will pop back up again next week anyway and I like the confirmation of knowing I'm safe to close the task by seeing the prefix. Before I used the $ I closed some none repeating tasks in error and lost them for good.

I haven't done what your asking as part of my work flow but given that all my repeating items have a $ in them I guess I could now create a new perspective, then save the search as part of that perspective.

I've just tried to create it but found the menu item Perspective - Save Window As - New Perspective was greyed out when I tried to save the search. To get around this I just create a new perspective without the search and called it Repeats. I then selected a different perspective from the list to change the view, then reselected the Repeats perspective to make sure it viewed ok. Once that was showing I added the search using $. The view changed to only showed items containing a $. Then I selected Perspective - Take Snapshot of Repeats to save the search and create the new perspective.

If the Save Window As - New Perspective is available then you could just use that. I tried the above in a context view and in that mode I could save it ok using Save Window As.

Wow, AWESOME response, thanks. Works perfect. Same thing did happen with the graying out BTW.

Last edited by David_Haddad; 2013-04-27 at 06:52 PM..