The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Woohoo! Templates! Yehah!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Mark,

The date calculations are wonky. There isn't a simple way to fix the times on events. I have an active project to fix the script to respect times on the items (i.e., just change the date but leave the times as-is), but it will require a few hours of effort. Since the academic year is starting for me, this bug fix as become urgent for my own work. So, expect a fix from me soon, but probably not until next week.

Curt

That's great, thanks Curt. In the meantime I'll enter it longhand ("24/09/2008 23:59") when asked.

Mark

I suddenly realized that there was a simple solution to the date munging bug. I just had to assume that the date entered by the user should have the same time as the template's date. With that, all the date adjustments are by a whole number of days (or multiples of 86,400 seconds if you prefer). With this change, the script maintains the times of all the items in the template and only adjusts the dates.

I also added a feature: The script looks for a paragraph beginning "Due Date is" in the note of the template project and uses that as a prompt in the due date dialog box. This is handy for templates that you only use occasionally. See the updated instructions in the download for more details.

You can grab the script from my software downloads page. Share and enjoy.

Curt

Brill! Thanks Curt.

Mark