The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

filter: task bar crosses today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
im trying to create a filter that shows only task bars that cross the today vertical shaded line.

hope this makes sense. basically any task that has been planned to occur today. ive seen that there is due soon, overdue etc but no 'today'.

the reason im wanting this is that im using omniplan to manage a small urban farm. we note crops as tasks. the length of the crop is the length of the task.
im trying to get a filter list to show what crops should be harvested. So, I create other tasks named, for example, 'harvest lettuce' which may go for two weeks.

i want to be able to create a filter list for our harvesters which shows only tasks that have the word 'harvest' and cross the today line. Ive got the filter working for the word 'harvest' but just not the today bit.

is this possible?

It's a little clunky, but possible.

There's no convenient way that I can see to specify "today" and have it update each day, so you'd have to put in fresh dates each time. It probably could be done with an Applescript; I'll have a look at that when I've got a bit more time.

thanks for your effort on that. at least it is possible. much appreciated. i can probably save a filter like that and just change the dates. it would be good if omni put today in the settings. might send a feature request.

in terms of a feature request, would it be best to have a addition to the 'status' filter, with 'due today'?