The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Faux pas - Can I change actual to baseline? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Very new to this, just purchased OmniPlan for a project that requires more than the Excel spreadsheet I would normally use...

So in entering the 100+ tasks I entered everything as "actual" when they should be "baseline"

What is the best way of deleting all the "actual" dates and changing them to "baseline" dates without redoing the whole thing?

*Is* there an easy way? Or do I chalk this up to "dumb" and start again?

Thanks for any assistance

Grant

Grant,

1) Try selecting multiple items and changing the date in the inspector
2) ONLY enter dates of things that must occur on that day (which is about GTD)

The "Set Baseline" toolbar button does exactly what you need -- it takes the Actual dates and copies them over to the Baseline dates. You can do this for the project, or only the selected tasks (a sheet will appear where you can check a box).

Oh right, that'll go through and set all the Baseline dates. Then to clear all the Actual dates, select all the tasks and click "Reset" in the Task: Info inspector. This will unset all the actual dates.

Hi Lizard

I've tried to do what you recommended with selecting tasks and clicking the 'set baseline' toolbar icon to send only selected tasks to the baseline but it sends all changed actuals to the baseline as well, not just selected tasks. wondering what I'm doing wrong, not seeing the sheet appear with check boxes.