The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan 2.0.1 beta released! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello OmniPlan planners!

Hot on the heels of OmniPlan v2.0, we give you OmniPlan v2.0.1 beta! For this beta we improved stability, fixed a few publish & subscribe issues involving calendars, and updated the default project template so the UI is not as large. We also addressed some issues with scheduling, opening/importing of files, as well as various bugs that were reported by users over the last couple of weeks. If you'd like to check out the full release notes, click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

As always, please keep in mind that this version is still in development so feedback is encouraged and we apologize if it breaks your computer, corrupts your files, or ruins your weekend. We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts about OmniPlan v2.0.1 beta: You can contact us directly by our support page or by using the Send Feedback feature in your copy of OmniPlan.

You can download the beta from our website here.

Are there no beta test licenses available? I have not yet received my free copy of OP2.0 :-P

how do you run the beta version sneaky peeks if you have a mac app store version of omniplan? the beta is asking for a license.

thanks

Unfortunately, this is one of the drawbacks of buying an Omni app from the Mac App Store — it's more difficult to use the sneaky peeks. You'll have to contact Omni for assistance with this. I take it you aren't being offered the 14-day trial by the application (perhaps you've already done that in the past?)

thanks for your reply. yes i did a full 2 week trial of omniplan before i bought it. would be good to try the sneaky peek.

Is there a reason that the sneaky peek builds never report when an update is available, even when I explicitly check for a new version? Or is there a switch that I need to set? The sneaky peeks of the other Omni products always inform me when a new build is available.

Greg,

The answer to both questions is "yes". You need to download, install, and run a release on the sneaky peek track to sign yourself up for those notifications. For the moment, running a more stable release opts you back out of the less stable release tracks, so if you want to always see them, I'm afraid you'll need to keep opting back into them.

We have ideas for a more versatile and scrutable interface for opting in and out of release tracks manually but haven't finalized a design.

-Tom

Thanks Tom, but perhaps I was not clear, or I am misunderstanding your response. I installed the 2.0.1 sneaky peek when @skwirl first announced it, but then never received any update notices when a newer version of a SP build was available. I manually downloaded multiple SP builds during the beta period, but I only knew they were available by visiting the SP Web page. The OmniPlan SP build did inform me when the release version of 2.0.1 was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I installed the 2.0.1 sneaky peek when @skwirl first announced it, but then never received any update notices when a newer version of a SP build was available.
Hmm, I can think of a few ways that might happen: the sneaky peek build might have been looking at the wrong software update track (if it thought it was a "beta" build rather than a "sneaky peek"), or perhaps our back end scripts weren't actually publishing our sneaky peek builds to the right feed (e.g. perhaps they were getting published for "com.omnigroup.OmniPlan" sneaky peeks rather than "com.omnigroup.OmniPlan2").

We'll look into this and try to resolve it during our next round of sneaky peeks. Thanks for letting us know about the problem!