The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Option for Group Name with Task in Resource View? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I have not been able to find any other discussion or help about this so figured I would ask. I was looking for an option to have the Group Name appear with the Task in the Resources view. I would like to have tasks with consistent names in multiple groups in the task view and to view them separately in the Resource view.

For example, in Task view, I have groups like:

1) Registration
1.1) UI Design
2) Login
2.1) UI Design
In the Resources view, they both show as "UI Design". Would be nice to see "UI Design (Registration)" and "UI Design (Login)" or something along those lines.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklink View Post
Hi, I have not been able to find any other discussion or help about this so figured I would ask. I was looking for an option to have the Group Name appear with the Task in the Resources view. I would like to have tasks with consistent names in multiple groups in the task view and to view them separately in the Resource view.

For example, in Task view, I have groups like:

1) Registration
1.1) UI Design
2) Login
2.1) UI Design
In the Resources view, they both show as "UI Design". Would be nice to see "UI Design (Registration)" and "UI Design (Login)" or something along those lines.

Thanks in advance.
This isn't possible in OmniPlan right now, but a lot of users have requested this and it's something we'll be adding in version 2.0 of OmniPlan.

Sounds good. Thanks for the response.

I am using version 2 and looking for this function. How can I show Groups in the resource view?

Unfortunately, we didn't get around to adding this in 2.0. It's still planned for a future version though!

any update on this?

Any chance it made it into the 2.2.1 Version? :)