The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task in multiple contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello,

I'm new, I'm not getting it :-) Here's my situation:

Task: Buy DVD blanks

There are three shopping malls i regularly visit (let's call them A, B, C), however only two of them (A and C) carry DVD blanks. How do I express that in contexts for that task? When I am about to go to leave for shopping at mall A, I'd like to just click on the "@mall A" context and see what I can shop for there, same for "@mall C" (and the "buy DVD blanks" should show up in both) or "@mall B" (where the task should not show up in).

My immediate intuitive solution would have been to set multiple contexts, namely "@mall A" and "@mall C" on the task "buy DVD blanks" (like applying two tags to an item), but that's not possible as there can only be one context set on a task.

How do I set this situation up? Looks trivial, but I don't see the solution...

Thanks for any ideas,
Christian