The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Critical Path Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
thanks, I think I follow what you mean. I'm trying to show that there are three or more tasks in separate groups that come together, but they are all on closely correlated path. In my case:
need to complete a building so that it can receive the critical utilities in time to have those ready to receive critical equipment, which must then be installed and hooked up ready to be commissioned in order to proceed with commissioning of the whole business, which at that point must therefore have completed things like ERP systems and recruitment and a host of other things. All these issues have lead times and at present there is ONE critical path that works. However, I'd have liked to show the tree tracing back it's various prerequisites - trace back final commissioning to about eight root decisions. While the ONE path shows one of the routemaps, it doesn't really throw up that six other near-term matters are equally essential to the eventual marriage of the whole orchestra.

Good solution for me would have been if I could paint the related paths so that one ends up with a tree on its side and the root at the right. Not explaining well, I know...

How about if you could tell OP to paint any path that ends up with a length within n% of the critical path length as an alternate "almost critical path"?