The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OS 10.6 - Clipping Shortcut problems [Thread Deprecated] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Tom - just for the purposes of experimentation, have you tried assigning a shortcut that doesn't involve a function key? You may have already tried this; just being thorough. :-)
This and several other combos did not work.....

Quote:
Keith, xmas was talking about the left-hand portion of the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab of the "Keyboard" pane of System preferences.

If you select "Services" in the list you see there, and scroll down a bit, do you see "OmniFocus: Send To Inbox" in the "Text" section of the list on the right-hand side?
I see nothing when I click "Services". Perhaps this is the reason I can't clip (from anything) using the OmniFocus keys? I'm not sure how to set it up since nothing is there...?

Quote:
It sounds like Tom is seing something slightly different than I am on my 10.6 machine - not sure why that is, so if he could please email the support ninjas, we'd love to investigate this.

Just in case other confused folks land in the thread, though, and at risk of stating the obvious, I belive Snow Leopard turns all keyboard shortcuts assigned to services off by default.

If folks open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, select "Services" in the sidebar, and check the "Text" section of the services list, does "OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" have a checkbox next to it?

The list isn't alphabetical, so you may have to scroll around a bit to find it.
I don't see anything at all when I select Services (see image). Any idea how to fix this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-09-03 at 3.49.15 PM.jpg
Views:	11015
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgastin View Post
I use Act-on, and clippings have been broken all along in 1.7 and 1.7.1.

I just use the default control-option-/ for clippings. This works in apps other than Mail, but fails in Mail with the Act-on message.
So let me get this straight clipping messages from mail into omnifocus on snow leopard does NOT work?

Thanks

I am using Snow Leopard and it works for me. I had a problem initially where the keystroke would not activate it. I went into OmniFocus and "reset" the keystroke and it started working for me.

Hope that helps...

Here's how mine looks. Did you try the Restore Defaults button?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-09-03 at 9.29.31 PM.png
Views:	367
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-09-03 at 9.32.04 PM.png
Views:	367
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1060  

I did. No change. Nothing at all in the window!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post
I did. No change. Nothing at all in the window!
I had a lot of problems with getting the short cut of the keyboard to work but I finally figured out one that works great....

command/shift/z

once you put that keyboard shortcut into the preferences window than restart Mail and it should work! It worked great for me finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikemkballer View Post
I had a lot of problems with getting the short cut of the keyboard to work but I finally figured out one that works great....

command/shift/z

once you put that keyboard shortcut into the preferences window than restart Mail and it should work! It worked great for me finally!
*sigh*

No joy. Thanks, tho.

...and i don't use "Act-On". Haven't tried clipping from other apps, but tried resetting in Omnifocus and restarting mail and it still won't work. I use cmdF12 as the keystroke.