The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

library like in merlin Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi

im a long time user of omnifocus and omnigraffle.

im evaluating omniplan 2 to use for a small urban farm to help with our crop scheduling. ive been having a look around the demo of omniplan and i like what i see so far though im also looking at the demo of merlin.

i really like that merlin has a library so i could have predefined activities and time lengths that can just be dragged into the timeline. im hoping to use this library for crops so i could add my crops, and then be able to drag a carrot into the timeline and it will automatically add in the crop length.

does omniplan have something equivalent to the merlin library?

How about just making separate "Library" document that contains the canned task templates & groups and just dragging them into your "real" documents? Perhaps not as slick as whatever Merlin does, but it works for me.

The app will attempt to make sense of any assignments you may have in the copied tasks by using resources in the destination document if they are sufficiently close matches, or creating new ones.

-Tom