The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please make auto-sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It works great! Thanks guys!

Is it syncing automatically or should I push Sync button always?

And should I forget to push it? :)

By default, OmniFocus attempts to sync 1 minute after any change is made, and hourly thereafter. I think all versions of OmniFocus attempt to sync when they are launched, and OmniFocus for Mac also syncs when asked to quit.

Note that the clients do not sync with each other directly, but with a central repository. If you make a change at t=0 on one client, it syncs the change at t=1 minute to the central repository, but another client may not see that change until it syncs, which might be immediately, or might not be for almost an hour, assuming it is running the entire time. It's generally a good practice to sync a client both when you start and finish using it. This ensures that you're looking at all the latest data, and that your changes are immediately propagated somewhere else. Less chance of lost data if something happens to the device, less chance of duplicating or losing a change due to editing the same action twice, and improved sync performance.

What about pushing the data as in iCloud?

What about it? :)

What I would like to see is Omni get together with BusyMac and offer full sync to users of BusyCal as well.

Limit it to those and, perhaps other Omni/BusyMac products and offer it as an alternative to iCloud.

I've used Omni Sync Server since it was in Beta with no probs whatever. .Mac was good while it worked but a complete disaster when it went wrong.