The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I resize the date column? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The cursor indicates that I should be able to do it but the only column I actually can change is the title column, and if I do that I change the width of the window !!

Something wrong on my machine or a bug? (yep I reported it a month or two ago but it's still there)

I can resize the start and due date columns in both planning and context modes. No problem at my end.

Hmmm, interesting. I tried again but it doesn't work ... I wonder why

Stupid me, I've misunderstood how it works. I expected that I would be able to increasing the width by dragging to left side of the column to the left thus decreasing the title width (always fixed window size) but I should drag the right side to the right and thus increase the window width (first app I can remember that does it this way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
(first app I can remember that does it this way)
No kidding. And I think it's rather bizarre behaviour.

Victor.

If I can ask as a newbie, cannot re-size my due date column in planning mode. Is this disabled? Am familiar with the (now) locked thread but couldn't find whether this was meant to work or not.

Cheers

chatoyer

Yes, you should be able to resize it, but keep in mind that a given column will only resize from the right hand edge...

Hmm...this is not working for me. Just to confirm, am in planning mode, in a 'to do' directly within the Library (so not under any projects), and I cannot drag either the right or the left edge of the due date to make it wider. The reason I want to is that I want my fonts to be bigger overall, and thus the date will (hopefully) stop wrapping onto two lines if I am able to widen the date field/column.

It sounds like maybe you're trying to widen the due date field itself, when you actually have to widen the column heading. Turn on your view bar to see the column headings.