The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hotkey to switch between editing and selecting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies if this has been posted before; I had no luck finding an answer either in the forums or the OO docs.

Is there a hotkey that switches between text editing/entry and the highlight mode (so from having a text entry cursor in the line to having the line selected in blue)? I often want to flip between them (because navigating with keyboard when the line is highlighted instead of in text entry is much faster) but am having no luck.

Thanks for any tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by George the Flea
Apologies if this has been posted before; I had no luck finding an answer either in the forums or the OO docs.

Is there a hotkey that switches between text editing/entry and the highlight mode (so from having a text entry cursor in the line to having the line selected in blue)? I often want to flip between them (because navigating with keyboard when the line is highlighted instead of in text entry is much faster) but am having no luck.

Thanks for any tips!
Try the <esc> key! ;)

Mark

Escape toggles between the two states for me...