The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-Clip Mail Messages from a Folder? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been eager to get my hands on OmniFocus in a semi-stable incarnation for a long time, and now that I've seen it and had a couple of days to play with it, I'm extremely impressed! Great job and a nice intuitive interface thus far.

One feature that would be particularly useful for my workflow, however, would be a means of taking any and all e-mails from within a given Mail.app folder, and dumping them into the INBOX automatically.

As somewhat of a road warrior, I rely heavily on my iPhone and/or WebMail interface, and I pretty much live and die by my e-mail... Probably 90% of all of my action items come to me via e-mail. When I'm on-the-go, I triage my e-mail Inbox and traditionally file things right away, following the standard GTD principles... Things that fall into the "Defer" category get dumped into an "Action Items" folder that I then review later.

It would be an ideal solution if the next time I return to my computer (or flip it open and connect to the 'net) that OF could just go through and collect anything in the Action Items folder that it hasn't already dealt with, and dump it into my OF INBOX. This would prevent me from having to re-triage this content through my Mail.app interface, which has me effectively doing TWO action reviews instead of one.

I imagine it would be too difficult to cobble together an AppleScript for this, but it would be nice to see this simply built right in.... Processed messages, once in the INBOX, could either be tagged as processed somehow, or simply moved to another "Archive" folder to prevent reprocessing.