The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is the number appearing by the icon in the doc? t/o Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There is the number "2" appearing in the icon in the dock now. What is that?

Thanks,

doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug@lerner.net View Post
There is the number "2" appearing in the icon in the dock now. What is that?
It shows the number of due items. (The release notes are your friend.)

What determines the number of "due items" though? I have lots more than 2 unchecked tasks pending...

doug

Quote:
What determines the number of "due items" though? I have lots more than 2 unchecked tasks pending...
I think the accounting is still out of whack but that's what it's intended to show. I do urge you to read the release notes as the function is covered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconino View Post
I think the accounting is still out of whack but that's what it's intended to show. I do urge you to read the release notes as the function is covered there.
I just did. The explanation in the notes is completely incomprehensible. :)

doug

The accounting is definitely out of whack in this version, but right now the number indicates those items that are either due today or overdue. It seems to have no additional consideration for "Due Soon" (items due within the next x days, as set in preferences).

In looking at the actual numbers that appear in the Contexts listing, it would seem that a red "Due/Overdue" seems to override a "Due Soon" number, which may be the reason for this inconsistency.

For example, in my "Mac" context, I have the default two sub-contexts: Email and Online. Right now, the parent Mac context has two items, one overdue, and one due tomorrow ("Due Soon"), yet it only shows a red badge with the number 1 beside it.

Further, I have one sub-context with a due item (red badge), and one context with a "due soon" item (orange badge). When I collapse the "Mac" context, the total count is "2" rather than 3 or 4 (it should be 4, but the "Due Soon" item in the main Mac context doesn't get counted either).

See the attached screenshots for an example of what I'm talking about...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	916
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	927
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	381  

I never set any due dates at all though. Hmm...

doug

Quote:
I never set any due dates at all though. Hmm...
Did you set due dates for a project? Actions inherit their project's due date unless you specify a different due date for them.