The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

De-confusing Perspectives vs. View menu vs. View bar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The view bar has always seemed oddly named to me. It contains most of the settings for what get saved as perspectives, and so is in reality very closely related to perspectives. Also, the nomenclature is easily confused with the View menu.

What about renaming the view bar the perspectives bar, and using "saved perspectives" or something similar for what are now called perspectives.

Other thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eronel View Post
The view bar has always seemed oddly named to me.
It started out as the Filter bar, but the name was changed to View (in June or July, I think) when people pointed out that the grouping and sorting functions weren't filters.

Perspectives can save other things, like selected contexts, so I don't think that Perspectives bar would be the right name. It's confusing to have two distinct interface elements with the same name.