The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Card View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think Brian's post below suggests that such documentation is unlikely to be provided...why spend the time writing it up for external consumption if it isn't going to be supported? The documentation group is already having trouble keeping up with the developers! A focused question or two on the forum might get answered, but "tell me everything I might want to know" I think requires waiting for a disaffected Omni employee to send something to Wikileaks :-)

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost.php?p=86874

Well, if anything would someone be able to divulge the sqlite query for AVAILABLE actions? I only want to include this in RobTrew's Geektools script…
Thanks.

Never mind, I figured it out:

Code:
task WHERE (blocked=0) and (dateCompleted is NULL) and (childrenCount=0) and (effectiveFlagged=1)
(where effectiveFlagged is invoked because I wanted to retrieve the singleton tasks in my "Big Rocks" (flagged projects)).

I would very much benefit from the addition of some kind of card view that would help me to concentrate on a single task. Don't know if this is the way to register that request.

For any feature request, Help->Send Feedback will get it reliably to the development database. Ditto for a bug report or anything where you need a guaranteed response from Omni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Grinberg View Post
David Allen claims that the best way to process or review something is to deal with one item at a time. When I process things in OF, I often get distracted by multiple items in the lists; they are "always there", even if you try to focus on the topmost thing. It would be great if you folks added a "Card View" that would look just like a physical inbox seen from top. 3D goodness will be appreciated, although it is by no means indispensable.
Anyone got comments about this idea?
Michael
Bump on this feature request. It would be awesome while processing the inbox to "zoom" on the item at hand, and have it fill the whole app window (or partially fill it like Safari's reader functionality), with nice sizable fields for entering the basics (project, context, due date, notes, flags).

Checking back on feature requests is totally fine, but as we mention in the forum rules, please don't add content-free posts. They clutter up the forums for other visitors...

(Clarification: the post in question has been removed; just posting as an FYI for other folks in the thread.)

Last edited by Brian; 2012-01-04 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: add parenthetical

Am I missing something? The script RobTrew posted about looks useful, but I can't see a file attached to the post. I was able to get GeekOFSQL.scpt elsewhere, but I can't find CurrentAction.glet.