The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding resources makes task take longer? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a task that I assigned 3 days as the effort needed. Then, as I assign resources to this task, it takes longer and longer to complete. With two people working 70% I have 1w 2.75 hrs.

What kinda' of things could I be doing wrong to make it behave like this?

Many thanks in advance.

-jim lee

It's hard to tell for sure just from your description. If you start with a 3 day (effort) task and assign one person at 70%, then the task will take longer, because that 3 day effort means 1 person working at 100% for 3 days.
However, once you add a second person at 70%, it should get shorter again. Perhaps you could send your file to our Support Ninjas to take a look? If you use the "Send Feedback" command in the Help menu, it can automatically create a version of your file with your task names and other potentially private data replaced with generic data like "Task 1" and "Resource 4".