The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

newbie questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm currently testing omnifocus to see if it's the right program for me. There are, however, two things I can't figure out, hope you can answer my questions:

1: I would like to navigate from Inbox or Context sidebar to the outline field using just my keyboard. Is this possible? So far, no shortcut I tried has worked.

2: when selecting an project or a context in the sidebar, I would like them to always show 'expanded' in the outline field. Again, I couldn't find how to to this.

thanks very much for the help!

For #1, try Cmd-4.

For #2, let me know if you find anything out!

Under the view menu, command-4. command-9 and command-0 will expand and collapse the selection, but it won't happen automatically.

excellent - thanks very much! much appreciated. the navigation issue, is the most important, so that's solved :D The expand one sort of as well, but way to many keystrokes. Would be nice to have that as a general preference or something.

Yeah, I always find stuff randomly collapsed, I'm hoping it's just an alpha issue.

I agree wholeheartedly. It would be nice if OF had both an auto expand functionality, as well as the ability to retain whether groups were expanded or collapsed on a per folder, project, and action group basis.

Not to mention by perspective, as well. Lots to keep track of.