The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Saving to iDisk? Anyone tried it? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did this morning and so far... well... so far.

I have my laptop and desktop to automatically sync the iDisk so we shall see if this messes things up. It would be great it if worked as I am about to go on a mini-vaca and it is easier than export/import deal.

Anyone else tried it?

BZ

A report from 6/21 suggests it was too slow: http://forums.omnigroup.com/archive/...hp/t-2783.html

Not sure if that has changed... you tried it? Does it work?

I've been using my iDisk for quite some time. I don't do it by syncing (i.e. with Chronosync or the like), but by pointing a symlink from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus to a directory on the iDisk.

The main issue I've had is to be super careful to make sure you close the app before opening it on a different machine and that the iDisk really is synced before starting anything.

Other than that, it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedboy View Post
he main issue I've had is to be super careful to make sure you close the app before opening it on a different machine and that the iDisk really is synced before starting anything.
Yup. I've also had problems with a sync happening while the DB is in use. No problems on the local machine, but the remote computer can get a corrupted DB. Weird stuff.

What's worked better for me is to connect directly to a file server (I've only tried AFP, I don't know if WebDAV or equivalent would work) and run off the database on that remote server. It works OK over a fast internet connection, but not fantastically. But there are no sync issues, I just need to keep OF closed on the not-in-use Mac.