The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A way to synchronize from iCal into inbox? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

I'm looking for a way to synchronize ToDos from a specific calendar in iCal into OF Inbox..
I'm gathering inbox items throughout the day into my cellphone, that gets synced into a special calendar in iCal and I would love to sync that further into OF to process it. I am doing it manually now which is really annoying.

ANy suggestions?

thanks a lot

jan

I thought sync was supposed to go both ways, otherwise it could be done with Applescript...

Have you set up the sync prefs?

-P

yeah. i played with it a bit and found out that it kind of works if I set up a context that is used only for importing the calendar. than it gets synced into OF inbox and I can process that.. The only thing that remains unnecessary or weird is that I have to keep a special context for this..

In other words - I was looking for a way to synchronize directly into the inbox without using a context..

It can be done when coupled with Anxiety.app. I've been playing with it and it works great in unison with OmniFocus. If you create a new task in Anxiety, it syncs with iCal and will end up in your inbox in OmniFocus on next calendar sync.

http://www.20seven.org/blog/articles...ork-in-unison/

seems to be a day of Anxiety
this is the fourth time I met this app today - seems like a sign I should really check it out...:))

Hi Jan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokonon38 View Post
I'm looking for a way to synchronize ToDos from a specific calendar in iCal into OF Inbox..
I'm gathering inbox items throughout the day into my cellphone, that gets synced into a special calendar in iCal and I would love to sync that further into OF to process it. I am doing it manually now which is really annoying.
Seems to work here (OS X 10.4.11): I add a to-do in a calendar I set up to sync with a specific Context in OF, hit the sync button, the task appears in OF’s Inbox with the Context set to the one I wanted it to.

Or have I misunderstood your problem?

Cheers,
-Sascha

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyashell View Post
It can be done when coupled with Anxiety.app. [/url]
Yes, Anxiety works when adding a new action. A test action added in Anxiety ended up in the inBox. I then deleted it in OF, synced and (as expected) was gone from iCal. Invoke Anxiety and it's gone there as well. Neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nggalai View Post
Seems to work here (OS X 10.4.11): I add a to-do in a calendar I set up to sync with a specific Context in OF, hit the sync button, the task appears in OF’s Inbox with the Context set to the one I wanted it to.

Or have I misunderstood your problem?
a
yes.yes. it works this way perfectly. but I was missing an option to sync iCal calendar directly with inbox.. didn't think of the context workaround. thanks everyone.
My workflow is much more neat now:))

btw: Anxiety looks cool except it's 10.5 only and I'm not ready to switch yet. will have to wait..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokonon38 View Post
btw: Anxiety looks cool except it's 10.5 only and I'm not ready to switch yet. will have to wait..
I have used Anxiety today, successfully, and I have 10.5.1.

[edited] Oh, I think I see what you mean - you aren't up to 10.5+ yet.

I had a chat with Tom this morning and what's really interesting is that he doesn't even have a copy of OmniFocus. He developed Anxiety which uses leopards new system wide database and OmniFocus plays nicely with it too.