The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crash on wake Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every morning I put my MacBook Pro (10.5.8) to sleep with OmniWeb running. I bring it in to the office, connect to an external monitor, wake it up, and it crashes.

Be sure to send in the crash report generated, and cc omniweb@omnigroup.com on the email to make sure someone takes a look at it.

When you wake it up after connecting to the external monitor, are you using both monitors or just the external? Has OmniWeb always been launched when just on the laptop screen, or can you get it to crash after launching on the big screen, sleeping and disconnecting, waking on only laptop screen, sleeping again and doing the connect/wake again? What happens if you wake the laptop first, then plug in the external display?

Do you sync your bookmarks? Does turning off bookmark syncing help the problem?

I sent a crash report in twice. As far as behavior, OmniWeb never crashes on me for any other reason. It is fine waking without the external monitor.

Here is what happens. Omniweb is active. I put the laptop to sleep and take it to office. Put it on the desk, connect Ethernet, external monitor, mouse/keyboard. The monitor is on. I open the laptop to wake it up and OmniWeb crashes. It is possible it is related to the Ethernet. I will try it today with Ethernet only and see what happens before connecting the display.

To answer the bookmarks question, I sync them, but since it can only be done manually that shouldn't come into play.

Ok, it happened again this morning. This time I plugged the Ethernet in first and waited. No crash. Then I plugged the display in. No crash. I went to make coffee and came back and it had crashed.

If you have syncing enabled in the bookmarks preference pane it does automatically do a sync to your server. This is known to cause some problems unfortunately when switching between networks. It might be worth disabling it to see if the problem goes away.

That might be it then because MobileMe tends to sync first thing when I get to the office. The fact that it syncs automatically is a bit mysterious because it doesn't show up in Mobileme prefs.

It doesn't use Sync Services, it uses your iDisk as a WebDAV server and syncs directly to it.

How often does it sync?

Every 15 minutes starting from the time you launch the app.