The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spoofing will not work for IE only site Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The only site I am having trouble getting OW working on is our local Multi-Listing Service. It only works for IE. There should be a login/password in the center of the page, instead I see red letters that say "Use Internet Explorer when logging into PPMLS." If I can get this to work, I can cut the strings to Windows completely and there will be many happy MAC real estate agents in Colorado Springs.

http://www.pikespeakrsc.com/xbrowser.aspx

I'm able to get to the logon screen and to log in to the MLS, but not all of the options work, particularly, the "search" which is part of a scrolling menu.

Nancy, just so you get some sort of answer ...

I'm afraid I can only offer you sympathy but no solution, as I have the same problem here, but without even the grace of a splash screen saying use IE. The administration website of the university where I'm working is not only coded with IE specific html, but also requires you to run a .exe, I presume as a security check, when you ask to go to the page where you enter the students' marks. I have to get someone to do that routine stuff for me.

The one time I did try, trying out software, whose name I forget, that did allow me to run IE6 without Windows, my virus checker went mad, and I had 6 viruses on my computer in fewer seconds.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I am able to use VM Fusion with Windows and IE, so I'm not dead in the water. I would like to be Windows free.

That's fully understandable. I'm a Microsoft-free zone ... my only relationship to them being the number of friends and contacts I have who use MSN or have hotmail email addresses. I do have a copy of the official MSN client in a version some couple of years old, to use in emergencies, but I haven't done so since I first needed to get my MSN account running.

:-)

Mark