The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with...uh...Facebook. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhok2008 View Post
<bunch of stupid spam>
Oh dear...!! Any handy mods with a delete button!?

Last edited by Brian; 2008-05-21 at 11:23 AM..

BTW, quoting the spam message helps the spammer just as much as the original post. Edited your message. ;-)

Oh yeah....cheers! (blonde moment)

I'm having trouble with Facebook, too -- whenever I try to share something form my Home page, OW crashes! I hate uing Firefox (it won't shoe flash) but can't handle not sharing posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sass View Post
I'm having trouble with Facebook, too -- whenever I try to share something form my Home page, OW crashes! I hate uing Firefox (it won't shoe flash) but can't handle not sharing posts!
Facebook has been awful lately. Same thing happens using Opera, Safari, or OW. I think it's them. I get various network-related Ajax errors.

It certainly is frustrating -- to add to the frustrations of losing my haxies with Snow Leopard (I upgraded to it hoping it would solve my problems with Facebook).

A couple of months ago, Safari would always crash on me after entering a couple lines of text in any text field on Facebook, while OmniWeb worked fine. Now, if I so much as click in the Facebook status update text field using OmniWeb, it crashes instantly. For some reason, Safari now seems to work Facebook text fields with no problems at all. I know that Facebook is sometimes pretty sketchy, so I'm prepared to accept that the problem is at least partially related to their site, but it would still be nice if the Omni folks could take a look at making OW usable on Facebook. I'm using the latest OW 5.10.2 sneaky peak on Snow Leopard (10.6.1).

Are you sending in the resulting crash reports?

It's almost always worth trying a repeatable crash out in a newly created account, just to make sure it isn't something particular to your configuration files, cache, etc. Don't delete your preferences, cache, etc. as a trouble-shooting tactic -- if it turns out that makes the problem go away, you've just destroyed potentially valuable evidence.

Yes, I recently submitted a crash report. Fortunately, the problem is easily reproducible :)

I noticed a Facebook problem last night. I tried to upload a video (several attempts) and it wouldn't budge. No indication on the progress bar they provide. It just sat there each time. Safari worked fine the first attempt.