The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbie question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Watched the video, browsed the forum but short of time.

So my question: once in a context, i have a list of actions, right. I would like to change the order on which the actions are displayed (i would like action on line #4 to be the second on the list, that is #2).
How do I do that?

Tried to drag it with the mouse but it does not change anything.

note: my contexts are into the "Miscellaneous" folder (preinstalled by Omni).

There's no way to order actions manually in context view. The only manual ordering of individual tasks is within a project.

However, if you click on the "View" button, you'll get a row of options to adjust your context view. You can group them, sort them, and filter them.

For example, you can sort by "Flagged". Then you just flag the tasks you want at the top of the list.

There are mixed feelings about OF's lack of a numeric priority system, but I personally find flagging tasks to be sufficient for my needs. I go through the entire list in the morning and flag the things I want to focus on that day. The relative priorities between the flagged items varies throughout the day (which is a major GTD principle), so there's no point spending time assigning them some artificial priority in advance.

You can actually somewhat reorder the tasks in context mode.
By ordering tasks and projects in the order you want in planning mode this order will be reflected in context mode providing your filter to "project".

Thanks for your help.

Fully agree with pjc (The relative priorities between the flagged items varies throughout the day).

That being said, just a word to OF developers: I read the thread concerning Tags and I quite agree with Toadler, let's be reasonable about setting priorities and systematically assigning tags (!?), but a well implemented tag field would be quite helpful.