The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Organization Ideas Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm seeing a need for a little different forum organization. Mainly I'm seeing it for this board so I'm posting about it here. Let me know what you guys think.

Overall I'm seeing a need for having it split into ~3 child boards, or two and a main. Two of the child boards would be Bug reports and Feature requests. The third or main would be along the lines of general beta discussion.

I'm noticing that subjects tend to be vague. Posting in the child boards would help readers determine what the topic is about. It may also aid in helping the OG read the topics.

I'd rather have the folks at Omni worry about getting OW fixed than fiddle with the forum. I sort of like that we had the other discussion over on the mailing list. This seems disjointed, but you can go back and read the context.

Maybe after OW ships, the forum can be adjusted. I like your idea for three parts but one user's feature is another user's bug. Or is that vice versa?

Well, adding those boards should take about as much time as uploading an image to flickr. It can be done in under a minute. They have expressed interest in a better theme for the forum... not to mention not all of them work on OmniWeb. My guess would be that making changes to the forum wouldn't take any manpower away from OW development.

That, and I've offered to help some.

If they are going to take Forrest's advice, they need to o it sooner rather than later - all these existing threads in this forum would have to be sorted into the right sub-forums.

Forrest's wish has been granted. There are two sub-forums and some threads have been moved to appropriate places in the sub-forums (above the usual forum - thanks for making them visible). Thanks, Omni.

One other wish directed at forum users ... when you title a thread, could you please *not* include which sp? I just replied about "printing in sp3" when I was really commenting on sp4.

Hmmm, well I tend to think that issues come and go and that it's good for people to know before they read a thread if it is about an older SP or not.