The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Delegated tasks? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I was wondering what to do with actions or projects where I am currently waiting on something for the next step to be possible. On reading this thread it became clear to me that it isn't necessarily multiple contexts that are required, but instead an additional status setting of Waiting For.

The way I see this working is that when you set the status of a project to Waiting For, then you can also set a reminder date when you chase this up if you are still waiting. OmniFocus could be configured to generate a Chase up action for that project on that date. OmniFocus could also have a little icon for the project like there is for On Hold projects, so you could see at a glance what actions are dependant on others and which are not.

It would also be useful to be able to add another option to the filtering of actions so you could view Next Actions including the list of Next Actions that have a status of Waiting For as well as the Next Actions and not display those projects where you are waiting (unless the chase up date had arrived).

Why not use On Hold, I hear you ask? Well, to me On Hold is for those projects that are in the Someday/Maybe category.

Of course, you could use On Hold instead of Waiting For, but then I would want a Someday/Maybe status instead to distinguish the two.