The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasting Text into an Outline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to paste a list of text into an outline in Omnioutliner 4, but when I do it, instead of each item in the list appearing in a separate row, I just get one great big row containing the entire list.

The list itself is simply a plain text list, separated by a carriage return, below is an example.

To Fear a Painted Devil (1965)
Vanity Dies Hard (1965)
The Secret House of Death (1968)

Yours - Antony

You need to select a row by clicking the handle, not click inside the row by clicking in the text area. Click in the row to put everything in one row, select the row to paste to separate rows for each line.

This is happening because you are pasting while editing a row. When you do this, all data is inserted into that one row (unless your paste data is actually rows copied from OmniOutliner). To have each line turn into a separate row, you need to paste while not editing a row. You can do this by clicking on the handle of the row (the left side where the bullet or triangle is), or pushing cmd-return.

Thanks, that has worked :)

Yours - Antony