The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Finder plugin to create tasks from files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm picking up a growing number of tasks that are related to specific files. This is an automator workflow/Finder plugin that will take selected files and creates a task linking to each of the files.

I particularly like this because the linked files work across network as well as local paths, so I can mark files on the fileserver I need to access for particular jobs. VERY handy.

Just unzip the workflow and move it to ~/Library/Workflows/Applications/Finder and you'll find it in the Automator sub-menu of your right-click menu. (Automator might be under "More" in the same)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Create%20OF%20Task%20From%20Files.zip (64.3 KB, 496 views)

What does this do differently than OmniFocus' built-in clippings capability? If I select multiple files in the Finder and invoke OmniFocus' clippings shortcut, I get the Quick Entry window with the files linked in the notes field.

Is it that you want each file to be linked to a separate action?

-Dennis