The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to flag a row? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just curious if there's any way to flag/tag a row, or should I just use a checkbox column?

regards.

edit: i ask because when i do create a checkbox column it hinders text input slightly. example: i hit enter to create a new row, and then need to press right arrow before i can input text on the new row.

Last edited by pguilly; 2014-05-01 at 07:15 AM..

Sounds like you should show the status checkboxes instead (View > Show Status Checkboxes). These appear at the start of the outline column but are part of it so you won't have the same issue with making new rows as when using a independent checkbox column.

yep. thats what i needed. much thanks.

is there anything "cool" i can do with these checkboxes? for instance, can i filter the outline to show just the checked rows and their parents?

No, these don't enable any other abilities. I should mention though, in case you haven't discovered it already, the status checkboxes have a state summary set on them that can't be turned off. So if you check a parent row, all the child rows of that parent will also be checked.

too bad, that would be awesome before test time.

thanks again for the help.