The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

QuickLook Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

what´s the problem with QuickLook in Graffle? I need the QuickLook preview, because I use DEVONthink to Go on my iPhone, which can display previews of all files when they have QuickLook.

In an update to a previous version of Graffle, you mentioned, that the QuickLook preview would come back with the next update. I thought, this would be a matter of days, not months.

Axel

Yeah, wassup with the quicklook preview disappearing under Lion, or is this just the latest version of OmniGraffle? This was a "shock to the system" guys! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masteridiotsavant View Post
Yeah, wassup with the quicklook preview disappearing under Lion, or is this just the latest version of OmniGraffle? This was a "shock to the system" guys! :-)
Looking forward to quick look's return to omnigraffle docs.

We do plan to re-introduce Quick Look in OmniGraffle 5.4, I do apologize for the delay!

The intervening updates after we disabled Quick Look were of a pressing nature, and we didn't want to wait until the new Quick Look implementation was ready to get those rather urgent fixes out.

+1
I am DEVONthink user and need OmniGraffle's QuickLook too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derjohng View Post
+1
I am DEVONthink user and need OmniGraffle's QuickLook too.
+1
Same here, guys. DEVONthink + OGP. Please, bring back QuickLook :-)

Beta notes say that quick look should be working, but on my rig it does not. Do I have to dump my .plist or something to get this to work? Really bummed.

It wasn't working for me, either, so I went poking around. I opened up the app with Show Package Contents, then looked in Contents/Library/QuickLook and double-clicked OmniGraffle.qlgenerator which didn't appear to do anything, but when I then tried to do QuickLook on an OmniGraffle file, I was rewarded with a preview.

If you haven't launched OmniGraffle since downloading it, or if you have it in a non-standard place, it isn't impossible to imagine that the system might not know where to find the QuickLook generator plugin, or whether it is okay to run it.