The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surprise- Completed Tasks Become Undone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I few days ago I opened OF and uncompleted items that I had previously flagged were no longer flagged. Also, my screen customizations seem to have disappeared.

Does anyone know what might have caused this? Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

In 4 years of use I've never seen anything like that.

Are you synching via the cloud (i.e. to MobileMe or the Omni sync server)? Any chance one of your clients pushed an old version of the DB to the server, or you recently brought a new machine or iOS device to sync?

Sounds like something to contact support about.

Thanks for the comment CatOne. I developed sync problems a few weeks ago. That must be it. Things have never been right since the translation from MobileMe to iCloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Betz View Post
Thanks for the comment CatOne. I developed sync problems a few weeks ago. That must be it. Things have never been right since the translation from MobileMe to iCloud.
Note there is no transition from MobileMe to iCloud, from OmniFocus's perspective. OmniFocus uses your iDisk to store its documents, and the iDisk is still perfectly operational until the end of June (I believe this is the date; it's end of June or end of July). After that, you will need to choose another back-end service… it's likely the Omni sync server is the best option.

One thing that kinda stinks… when you change the back-end sync option, Omni often gives you no choice in which direction you sync. Given I've tried both, stale server data overwrote my client. It was necessary to restore the client info from backup and then choose file->overwrite server database, then all was good.

I used MobileMe too and now that that is coming to an end OF will have to be updated for the sync preference to iCloud. From this post:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22415
It looks like a more stable way to go is with OSS until iCloud server feature has been updated in the preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius View Post
I used MobileMe too and now that that is coming to an end OF will have to be updated for the sync preference to iCloud. From this post:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=22415
It looks like a more stable way to go is with OSS until iCloud server feature has been updated in the preferences.
Note that Omni Group hasn't specifically said they will be supporting iCloud as a sync mechanism for OmniFocus. They have said other document-based apps (OO, OG, etc.) will use it. OF isn't really document-based and this may be a challenge, especially with the "very compatible with old OS X versions" data model of OmniFocus, it would force it to drop support for 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6 which it currently supports. That's a lot of pruning ;-)

Best bet once iDisk goes away is the Omni Sync server, IMO.