The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus and Salesforce.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am experiencing an issue as it pertains to my workflow, and I am wondering if anyone could help me out.

My company uses Salesforce.com for its CRM information, and most of the tasks that I have in OmniFocus deal directly with the customers that we track in SFDC. I synchronize my Salesforce tasks with iCal via SF3 so that they appear in my iCal todo list. I then synchronize OmniFocus with my iCal so that everything stays up to date.

The problem that I am experiencing is that every time OmniFocus synchs with iCal, it updates *all* of my To-Dos whether they have been updated or not -- which, then causes SF3 to think that it has to synchronize *all* of my tasks back up to Salesforce. This is a real time-killer for me as I am managing many tasks (hence my dire need for a product like OmniFocus).

Could anyone advise me on the best way to handle all of this? I'm not necessarily tied to SF3 and would love to remove that step if there was a way for OmniFocus and Salesforce to communicate. I just need to keep track of all of those tasks in Salesforce so that my team knows the history of what's happening at all times.

Hey, Josh - we'll be happy to look into this, but we may need to grab some information that's not particularly forum-post-friendly to figure out what's going on.

Can you send an email to the support ninjas so we can diagnose this with you? Appreciate the help!

Reviewing the support ticket, it looks like this is another case of this issue - the way that iCal's to-do database is designed makes it very easy to keep a single application synced, but when more than one app starts doing so, each stomps all over each others' data.

Hi Support Ninjas....

We also have adopted SFDC for both our company as well as for a University research project. A direct link to SFDC to o-focus would be great. Going thru ical is a difficult thing to manage. In the interim a how-to guide as to how to make all this stuff work in the world would be great

Anyone who wants to collaborate on a SFDC <-> OmniFocus adapter, let me know.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Anyone who wants to collaborate on a SFDC <-> OmniFocus adapter, let me know.

BZ
Hey Bwana, I'd love to collaborate with you, although I'd probably be hopeless. So perhaps this is just my vote of interest that I would pay money for a simple way to link tasks and people between OmniFocus and SFDC.

-j

I know quite a few people willing to share the bill on this one. Any new developments?

-b

Why not just put the link to the contact in SF in the notes section of the OF task? At least in our SF setup each contact does have its own URL.

Hey Everyone,

1st post by me, and I feel pretty good about using OF so far. But I'm keen on figuring out how to get Salesforce.com (SFDC) tasks I set for myself synched into OF.

From what i've read on this thread, and additionally on this thread: Duplicate entries in iCal & OmniFocus, or items being moved to OF inbox I'm gathering that it's not possible because you have to go through iCal and if you end up having multiple applications synch to iCal, the tasks get messed up. Is this right?

If there is not a way, i'm cool with that and will just plug away as i'm doing. If there is a way, I dont think it's articulated in a way that makes sense from what i've read. I'm asking because both threads seemed to do a lot of talking and very little "here's how you git er done!"

Thanks!