The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unusual question: Does anything running on Linux read OmniOutliner format? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Alright, I'm not really trying to get people to help me migrate away from OmniOutliner, so keep reading. What I'm actually trying to do is make a better case for using it. If I can find something running on Linux that can read OmniOutliner files, I'll be much more likely to rely on OmniOutliner on my Macs.

I know that OmniOutliner can export to OPML and that tons of stuff can read that. That's pretty lossy and anyway, OPML is a nasty format. What I want to know is whether I'm likely to find anything that runs on Linux that can read OmniOutliner files.

003 files are (optionally gzipped) XML, and there is a published DTD for them, so given standard XML utilities it is not too difficult to draft something that will read/write the format.