The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't connect to Omni Sync Server via Panic's Transmit [A: bug in Transmit. See thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Shouldn't I be able to connect to Omni Sync Server via Transmit as a WebDAV server? Every time I try I get the error: Could not connect to server "sync.omnigroup.com". This file has been redirected to "/USERNAME/".

Are you connecting to http://sync.omnigroup.com (incorrect) or http://sync.omnigroup.com/username/ (correct)? If the latter, and it still isn't working, try replacing sync with sync1, sync2, or sync3. Omni rejiggered the sync server to keep up with the load and some clients (like the Finder in Snow Leopard, for example) don't follow the redirect properly. Maybe Transmit is one of them.

Ah! Yes it was the latter, but your suggestion did the trick: sync1 gave the same error but sync2 worked perfectly. Thanks!

Sometimes I wonder why we do not pay palmer a few bucks for his service. Then I remember that he will do it for free. And that he has no flatr ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Sometimes I wonder why we do not pay palmer a few bucks for his service. Then I remember that he will do it for free. And that he has no flatr ;-)
I'd never heard of flatr before this. Interesting concept. Sort of the flip side of this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...36722728060847

I contribute what I do here as a result of something a very wise man once told me — if you really want to understand something well, try teaching it to someone. Of course, if one felt the need to express their gratitude in some fashion, they could do as some have done and PM for PayPal or iTunes details. Such benefactors get priority service, which means I am allowed to answer even when She Who Must Be Obeyed wants me to do something that she regards as more useful :-)

See this post for more info on the problem here.