The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I just don't understand leveling and <100% resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Running 1.6.2 beta 1.

I have entered all 175 tasks, and have assigned them to resources, but I can't get leveling to work unless each of the resources is available at 100%. But that isn't the case.

I, for example, should only be booked at 70% available, since I have other management/admin/fluff overhead, and can only be a developer 70% of the time.

So if I estimate a task at 7 hrs and am at 70% utilization, I expect to complete that task in 10 hrs.

Nuh-uh. When I enter all the developer's availability and hit "Level", all the tasks remain where they are, and I just get 175 red stop signs saying "resource overload".

There are no other constraints in this project. No fixed end dates. No fixed start dates even. Just individual tasks assigned to individual developers.

The only way I can make the gazillion stop signs go away is to change all the developer resources back to 100%.

What main concept am I missing here? Itsa driving me nuts!