The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inconsistency in number of actions between iOS devices Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,

I use Omnifocus on three devices: a MBA, an iPhone 5 and an iPad. I manage my Omnifocus DB on the MBA.

I upgraded Omnifocus to the lastest version on my iPhone last week. Since then, I have an inconsistency in the number of actions between my devices after syncing. For example, now, I have :
  • iPad : 29 projects; 209 actions; 48 zip files
  • iPhone: 29 projects, 215 actions; 48 zip files

I've still followed the same process to sync my devices:
  1. Manage my database on the MBA
  2. Force sync on the MBA
  3. Sync on my iPhone
  4. Sync on my iPad
  5. Check if the number of projects/actions/zip files matches on both mobile devices. If yes, sync the MBA again to compact files. If not, sync all the devices again until the number matches.

I removed both devices from the MBA Omnifocus control panel, reset the database and sync them again. It did not help, the inconsistency is still here.

MBA version: OmniFocus/1.10.4/GM-v77.90.20
iPad version: OmniFocus 1.6.3 (v79.6.0.189278)
iPhone version: OmniFocus 1.16.2 (v80.2.0.189306)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Florian

Sorry to worry you.
There's a small inconsistency in the counting code, actually.
Action groups are counted as actions on the iPhone, but not on the iPad. So if you rummage around in your projects, I expect you'll find 6 action groups. (Action groups = actions that have other actions as children.)

Hi Lizard,
Actually, I found 5 action groups, but now I have the answer whatsoever :-)
Regards