The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context Perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Reminder: if folks want to guarantee that their questions get answered, or that their feature requests get recorded, shooting an email to the support ninjas is the way to go. We browse the forums as we're able, but you're guaranteed an response to email.

Checking the bug database, there are a fair number of emails attached to perspectives on the phone; that makes it more likely to happen.

The feature has not been formally approved or assigned to a specific release, though, so we can't give a definitive "yes, this will happen" or say when it might do so.

For what it's worth, I'd be satisfied just with having "Focus" in the iPhone version for now, if perspectives is too unwieldy to try and code.

At least "Focus" would get many of us part-way there, and would likely solve the OP's problem. I also suspect it would be easier to implement from a design point of view then trying to get into perspectives, which might not even translate properly from the desktop to the iPhone.

This is absolutely the primary downfall of the iPhone version of OF. While fully customizable perspectives on the iPhone would certainly be a challenge to implement, but if custom perspectives could be created on the desktop version and then synched to the iPhone.... In the desktop, you could check a box somehow next to a perspective to enable it to sync. Then that perspective would be loaded onto the iPhone, and although it couldn't be edited on the phone, one could easily operate from it. This would avoid having to incorporate a view bar and filtering menu on the iPhone.

Count me in, as well... My contexts are not location-specific, and so perspectives are critical (example: phone is available in multiple physical places, but not on the plane), and perspectives are how I look at what I can possibly do now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Reminder: if folks want to guarantee that their questions get answered, or that their feature requests get recorded, shooting an email to the support ninjas is the way to go. We browse the forums as we're able, but you're guaranteed an response to email.
I did email the ninjas a long time ago... guess I'll email them again =)

Quote:
Checking the bug database, there are a fair number of emails attached to perspectives on the phone; that makes it more likely to happen.
Sounds great, this is the feature I miss the most on the iPhone.

Quote:
The feature has not been formally approved or assigned to a specific release, though, so we can't give a definitive "yes, this will happen" or say when it might do so.
Where should I send the bribe ? ;)

Its taken me a while to mature with the GTD approach, but I am now quite reliant on perspectives as well. Perspectives that Sync to OF iPhone, would be wonderful.

+1

+1 for me too. It makes the difference from OmniFocus iPhone being somewhat useful to a real productivity tool.

+1 from me too. PLEASE. I could live without a perspectives creator/editor on the mobile version, but please allow us to sync them from a desktop client and have them at least function on the iphone.

Posts on the forums are not counted in Omni's bug/feature request tracking. If you want this feature, go to the settings page of the iPhone app, tap on Send Feedback, and make your request. Those emails are processed by the support ninjas and added to the database.

Curt