The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Processing Financial Statements Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone have any 'neat' ways of processing financial statements? I've got three essentially ongoing projects, credit, banking and investment, in which I organised a group for each institution. Within each group, one per credit card /bank/broker I have something like:

Wait for online statement notification (wait context, repeat every 30 days)
Download statement
Reconcile statement
Schedule payment
File statement

Now the problem is that when the notification email comes in and I check it off, it gets rescheduled for 30 days hence (as it should), however since the group is marked sequential (as the actions can only take place in sequence), the 'download statement' is never made available.

Does anyone have any good ways of handling this sort of thing?

Cheers,
- Steve

Following up to my own query, a recent post in another forum mentioned setting up repeating groups:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...13&postcount=3

But this still has one problem: The 'wait for bank statement notification' will repeat 30 days after I complete the group, which could be any time, even a few weeks after receiving the statement notification.

The banks send statements every 30 days, so what I really want to happen is for the 'wait for statement notification' (the first of the group) to repeat every thirty days from the time one arrives.

I hope this is making sense. Basically I want a 'wait for statement to be ready' action that will repeat on the same cycle as the bank (30 days). Once that notification is received, then all the remaining 'bank actions' will be available, sequentially, and the 'wait for notification' reset to wait another 30 days.

Cheers,
- Steve

Yeah, you have to arrange for the action group or project (whatever is repeating) to have start and due dates and the appropriate sort of repeat ("Repeat every") so that the new start/due dates are based on the old instance's start/due dates and not when you happened to check it off. My previous answer didn't go far enough, my bad!