The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

From item to project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

Like many, I work from the Contexts. On the desktop version of OF, if you double click on a task, it opens up a new window in which you can view the entire project. Is there a way in OF to go from a task directly to the project without having to back all the way out of the contexts and then drill down through all the various levels of your project organization structure? It can take a while! I looked for something like a "Go to Project" button on the item view, but didn't find anything.

Thanks,

Kevin

There's a toolbar button called 'Switch' which should switch to showing the same task in the other view (Context or Project)

A little additional info, you may need to customize your toolbar to show the "switch" icon as it's not part of the default toolbar.

I'm sorry,

I guess I wasn't very clear there...

I'm talking about the iPhone version of the software, not desktop. Can you customize the toolbar at the bottom on the iPhone?

-- KK

I am looking for the same feature on the iPhone; the ability to jump directly to a project from a task in context view

Whoops! Yes, those answers were directed towards the desktop version.

We've got a feature request open for a "Switch" feature on the iPhone - if you guys use the "Send Feedback" button in the Settings screen to send us feedback, we can add votes for that feature from you. Thanks!