The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How delete a perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I made a custom perspective but now what to delete it it. Can someone educate me on how to do that?

Thank-you.

Bring up the Show Perspectives window under the Perspectives menu. Select the perspective you wish to delete, then select Delete Perspective from the little gear menu at the bottom of the window. Or just hit the Delete key.

Thank you!

Today I found out that I have many many copies of the same perspectives. i don't know how this happened. However, I thought it would be simple: just delete the extras. Yikes, there seems to be no way to do it. Using delete doesn't do the trick. Using the gear menu I see no "Delete Perspective" option.

Any way to fix this? I'm using OF 1.10.4

Attached image shows the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	of_perspectives.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	2921  

Delete should "do the trick". Can you be specific about how that's not working?

Not sure how to be more specific. There are two ways specified to delete:

- use Delete key. Nothing happens. Nada.
- use Gear icon option to Delete. Again nothing happens.

In all cases I've selected a perspective first: so there's "something" to delete.

A confounding issue is that for some perspectives (see attached image in previous post) I may have upwards to 20 versions of a single perspective. Not sure at all how that happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm View Post
Today I found out that I have many many copies of the same perspectives. i don't know how this happened.
A case for an immediate email to OmniFocus > Help > Send Feedback, I think.

That looks curious, and it's possible that there has been some data corruption.

(I'm not sure that you should even be able to create additional custom perspectives with the names Inbox, Project or Context ... )

@RobTrew: Thanks, just sent an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Delete should "do the trick". Can you be specific about how that's not working?
Lizard, I think if you look at his screenshot, you will see no Delete option in the gear menu.

In other words, these are not custom perspectives but unexpected duplicates of the built-in perspectives.

Experimentally, I think you'll find that it's not possible to create deletable (i.e. custom) perspectives with those names.

Two days later and I haven't heard back from help yet. I realize I may not hear from them for a few days, but so far no solution.