The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems with iPad Update Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yesterday, I upgraded my iPad's OS with Apple's latest (3.2.1) and now OmniFocus will not execute. I tap the icon and I can see it start but the program aborts and returns to the iPad springboard right away. No error messages or alerts.

I submitted this to OG's support but has anyone else seen this or corrected it?

// Scott A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA83 View Post
Yesterday, I upgraded my iPad's OS with Apple's latest (3.2.1) and now OmniFocus will not execute. I tap the icon and I can see it start but the program aborts and returns to the iPad springboard right away. No error messages or alerts.

I submitted this to OG's support but has anyone else seen this or corrected it?

// Scott A
Try uninstalling and reinstalling OmniFocus on the iPad.

This can be a bit tricky - if the customer isn't syncing, deleting the application and reinstalling it will also delete their data.

They can revert the device to the last iTunes backup, but any changes they made after the last backup will be lost.

If folks do encounter a problem like this and aren't syncing, they should contact our support ninjas so they can help.

This is probably not that useful to you but I'm running 3.2.1 and OF is running just the same as before the upgrade. Some comfort perhaps ...

Thanks to all suggestions.

I finally removed the app from my iPad then re-installed and re-synced it. Everything is working normally.

// Scott A

Also, whenever something like this happens a hard reboot is not a bad idea: Keep Home button pressed and press on/off switch until the shut down bar appears, then reboot.