The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lists formatting behavior Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When creating a numbered text list, I'm seeing some unexpected behavior.

If I simply create several lines of text, then select all, then use the "Lists" drop down and select a list style, it works just fine.

However, if I set the "Lists" style first, then create lines of text, the list formatting is not applied even though the "Lists" setting persists. The first line works, but when I hit return the carat just moves to the next line without any list formatting.

Furthermore, when editing a pre-existing list and inserting a list item somewhere in the middle, the list formatting is not applied until I finish the edit, select all the text, and reapply the list formatting. Again, when I inspect the Lists drop down it appears to be applying the correct style but it's not showing up until I select and reapply.

This behavior is different from TextEdit, where I can just choose a list style and create as many lines of text as I want, or insert an other item and it picks it right up.

Is this a bug, or is there some other key I need to press when returning at the end of a line, or inserting a new list item in the middle of a list.

I'm using OG Pro 5.1.

If I'm understanding your report correctly, you're talking about the lists pop-up in the cocoa text ruler; my understanding - though I am not an engineer - is that the cocoa text ruler sort of does it's own thing alongside and somewhat independently of our code. My expectation is that this would 'just work', though that's obviously not what you're seeing.

I think the best thing to do here would be to take a couple of example screenshots so we can see exactly what you're doing. If you send that to the support ninjas using the "Send Feedback..." item in the help menu, we'll try to reproduce the problem and file it.

You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-12-03 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: clarification