The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New User Question: Org Charts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Greetings,

I use OG for wireframes and like it quite a bit for that. I need an org chart and am trying to figure out how to use it for that. I am struggling.

I want to be able to drag a box icon onto the grid (that's easy) and then immediately connect it to the appropriate box. So let's say I drag a box onto the grid and name it 'manager'. Then I want to drag a box over 'manager' and have it automatically linked as subordinate to 'manager'. Then once in place, I just have to label it as 'staff.' Is that type of automation possible?

Alternatively, I could place my boxes and then link them real quick and have it autoformat.

The org chart process seems a bit slow for me as of now. Flexible, but I need speed.

All suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!!

Eric